First of all, don’t worry – this is a perfectly legitimate move by the club to ensure that they can address further the concerns and issues raised about the new stadium in conjunction with the planners at Aberdeen City Council.

Whilst on the face of it the anticipation by supporters leading up to decision day next week, this decision may seem disappointing, it is all for the greater good to ensure the club get this right.

By deferring the decision, it allows the club more time to address the finer details and allow the application greater chance of being successful when it is resubmitted.

The next scheduled meeting of Aberdeen City Council is on Monday 11 December 2017, and the likelihood is that the resubmission will take place then.  If need be however, after further consultation with planners, it may be necessary for further planning consultation which may delay this date into early 2018.

We hope to have more information available shortly about the reasons behind the deferral and will of course share these you once we have it.

Meantime, we ask supporters to continue to support the campaign for Kingsford, sign the petition in favour of the new stadium and share your views on social media via the hashtag #AllForAurora.

We can’t thank you enough for the support you have provided to date – stay with it, we’ll get there!

Stand Free

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.